Tuesday, August 21, 2012

An Introduction

As I mentioned in the other Field, I've been taken back into the World of Warcraft, and seeing as I think it is unfair to ramble on and on about this one game on a blog that is established as a general MMO blog, I thought I would make a side blog. This one will be a bit more casually updated, and the topics may be far less analytical.

So, allow me to introduce you to my Warcraft career. I started with Warcraft 3, but only joined WoW near the beginning of Burning Crusade. Didn't really get into the end-game until Wrath of the Lich King arrived, and by then I was hooked. I spent time doing quite a few things: Guild Leader of a Roleplaying guild, Officer in a Raiding guild (as well as main tank) through ICC. Cataclysm hit and I leveled a Worgen Bear Tank to 85, got my face smashed in when I tried heroics, and promptly skipped the entirety of the expansion. And so here I am, enjoying the tail end of it and waiting for Mists of Pandaeria.

My current project is to level all four tanking classes to 85 before MoP hits, a goal you may have caught me talking about on Twitter. So far I have a Troll Druid (race changed from the Worgen), Human Paladin and Orc Warrior done, with the Human Death Knight at 83. I expect to have it done within a week or two, given I run with a very casual playstyle. The amount of time I have to play varies from week to week, but given the many additions to the game that cater to that kind of playstyle I stay subscribed. Certainly looking forward to making the Brewmaster my 5th max level tank.

My home server is Wyrmrest Accord. I am an avid roleplayer, and may just use this space to post some character backgrounds or stories that I may want to share. I tend to not make a character unless I have a story of some sorts to go with it, so every one of my characters has a background. Some are small, some are big but all of them have a name and personality.

Finally, I spend more time reading about Warcraft sometimes than I do playing the game. I recently got a boat load of the books off of Amazon for dirt cheap, and still frequent Elitist Jerks, WoW Insider and MMO-Champion. I have Tauren Think Tank, Convert to Raid and Horde for Life podcasts on rotation during my commute to work and even had my question answered on the Triple T. Shout out to Rem and Jules, my favorite hosts.

Wherever this blog leads me, I look forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences, and I hope you enjoy reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment